Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole (Copycat)2014-09-25
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
I found this recipe here: http://www.food.com/recipe/copy-cat-cb-hash-brown-casserole-303618
- 26 -30 ounces of shredded hash browns
- 2 cups of shredded cheese ( colby to sharp)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup of minced onions or 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Melt butter or margarine and mix in milk, broth, salt, pepper, and onion in large measuring cup or bowl.
In large skillet heat hash browns and fold in shredded cheese until melted.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare 9x13 baking dish or pan.
Put hash brown cheese mixture into prepared pan and pour other ingredients in and fold until hash browns swell in most of the liquid. Spoon the hash browns flat and place in oven to bake for 45 minutes.
Alternate: I have also skipped the skillet in step 2 and put semi frozen hash browns with all other ingredients in the baking dish directly into the oven with great results cutting time down by 10 to 15 minutes.