Chicago Style Pan Pizza2014-07-26
- Yield : 1 9x13 inch pizza
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
I found this recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicago-Style-Pan-Pizza/Detail.aspx
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thaw ed
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pow der
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Crumble the sausage into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly brow ned. Remove the sausage w ith a slotted spoon, and sprinkle over the dough crust. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the sausage.
Add mushrooms and onion to the skillet; cook and stir until the onion is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, salt, fennel seed and garlic pow der. Spoon over the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crust is golden brow n.