Pan-Roasted Salmon with Tomato Vinaigrette2014-09-16
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
I found this recipe here: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/pan-roasted-salmon-with-tomato-vinaigrette
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 center-cut salmon fillets with skin (about 7 ounces each)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the shallot, capers, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
In a medium ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet, skin side up. Cook over moderately high heat until well-browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip the fillets. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until the salmon is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer the fish to plates and pour off any fat in the skillet.
Place the skillet over moderate heat and add the tomato mixture along with the cumin, canola oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook, scraping up any bits stuck to the skillet, until the tomatoes just soften, about 2 minutes. Pour the sauce over the salmon, sprinkle with the parsley and basil and serve right away.